In this episode with my special guest, Laurent Yishu, and I talk about the basics of “traditional/authentic” kizomba and “urban/neo” kizomba and their similarities and differences.
- Intro Song:
- DJ Snakes – 92I Veyron Kizomba Remix – Dj Puto X
- 3 Key Points:
- The difference of leading with your body and your arms.
- There is a global kizomba committee to name the styles of kizomba as they emerge.
- Kizomba instructors can begin to say before their classes begin, that they are teaching their style that can lean more traditional or urban/neo.
- Resources Mentioned:
- The Kizomba On You #Neokiz Tee
- Video of Curtis & Carola
- Ennuel & Hakima AfricaDancar Performance 2013
- [BLOG] The Neo Kizomba Manifesto
- Laurent’s 100% Improvisation Competition: Olympiads of Kizomba YouTube Channel
- Join the Kiz Connection FB Group
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
We want to make the podcasts better and better!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post and be sure to subscribe to the podcast on ITunes!