In this episode with my special guest, Emily Bartholomew, we talk about kizomba pet peeves in a positive light to help increase awareness of things that have a tendency to go unsaid between peers.
- Intro Song:
- 3 Key Points:
- Leader tips: Focus on connection over patterns, lead your follow clearly but not roughly, be mindful of the social dance floor space and other couples.
- Follow tips: Do you best to not anticipate and be in the present moment, and don’t over stylize your hip movement.
- Teaching on the dance floor is rarely OK, especially if it’s unsolicited.
- Resources Mentioned:
- [PODCAST] What It Means To Follow Like A Boss
- [YOUTUBE VIDEO] Frankie Manning on treating your follow like a queen
- [FB VIDEO] Nemanja Sonero on the basic steps of kizomba
- Join the Kiz Connection FB Group
- [BLOG] The Real (Insert Dance Here) Blog by Laura Riva
- [BLOG] The 5 Traits of A World Class Uber Dancer
We want to make the podcasts better and better!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post and be sure to subscribe to the podcast on ITunes!